Friday, October 31, 2008

First Thaught...

My Private Garden Collection Photo Erik Lernestål

I'm wondering....

why did I decide to become a fashion designer???
No one in my family has ever had anything to do with art, no one even plays a musical instrument...
I am born in Lebanon during the civil war, I grew up in a catholique school, I was the only girl playing with boys in my building, I had more toy cars then any other boy in the neighbourhood, I made them play "theatre" and " beit biout" ( mum, dad, children, house ) I was alway the beautiful wife :) I loved poetry and my teacher at school told my parents once that I'm gonna become a great journalist or a famous poet one day ...I was ten.... but then one day a bomb explosed just were I was sitting on the balcony a second ago, my father decieded we should leave Lebanon, and before I knew it I had to say BYE to my friends, my father, I cryied my eyes out and I found myself in a strange cold country were everyone was blond and no one spoke Lebanese...
Years later I left Stockholm, I hit it for Paris, I discovered beauty, art, Place des Tertres and Saint Germain ... I realized I could never become a good painter or artist of any art form, not when you realize at 21 that you don't want to become a journalist nor a lawyer, Lebanese ussually want their children to study some serious stuff, drawing, painting, playing music is not a priorety when it's raining bombs....and I decieded to try fashion for a while, after all I loved it... well I guess my teacher in Lebanon was right, I became a journalist and a poet somehow, fashion is about expressing yourself, telling a story, a memory, expressing your "air du temps"only here you use no words, your hands shape a volume, your heart decides a coulor and your eyes guides you all the way to your dream.

I love it, it's hard but it's a piece of my heart and I can't see myself doing anything else then what my teacher suggested...

To my teacher at Notre Dame in Lebanon... Thank you, I miss you, I miss Lebanon...

No comments:

My New Site ...

www.ritasaardi.com Enjoy :) My new website by my darling Aurélien Lemoine :) Merci mon amour...